8/31/2008

How Sarah Palin's Mom Learned that Her Daughter was About to be McCain's VP Nominee

The UK Daily Mail has this story:

‘Cellphones don’t work out there, so we would have missed all the fun, but when we got near the cabin, the creek was swollen from heavy rain. We couldn’t get through, so we turned around and headed home.

‘Around 4am, Sarah’s husband Todd called and said, “Turn the radio on.”

‘I was half-asleep and said, “Honey, is everything OK? Is Sarah all right?

I turned on CNN and saw that John McCain was about to announce his running mate.

It still didn’t click. Sarah didn’t breathe a word of this to me or anyone in the family.

‘Our phone rang again and it was Sarah. She said, “Mum, are you sitting down? Now, Ma, don’t get all stressed, but McCain is about to announce I’m his vice-president pick.”

‘I started shaking and didn’t say anything. She said, “Ma, are you OK? Please, is this OK with you and Dad?”

‘I shouted into the phone, “Yes, yes! Go for it!” I nearly fell off the sofa. I have not stopped smiling since.’ . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home