12/15/2008

Chicago Tribune Knew About Blagojevich Investigation back in October

The WSJ has this:

The precise timing of Tuesday’s dramatic, pre-dawn arrest was not dictated by Fitzgerald, nor was it dictated by the pace of Blagojevich’s alleged “crime spree.” It was dictated by the Chicago Tribune, according to people close to the investigation and a careful reading of the FBI’s affidavit in the case.

At Fitzgerald’s request, the paper had been holding back a story since October detailing how a confidante of Blagojevich was cooperating with his office.

Gerould Kern, the Tribune’s editor, said in a statement last week that these requests are granted in what he called isolated instances. “In each case, we strive to make the right decision as reporters and as citizens,” he said.

But editors decided to publish the story on Friday, Dec. 5, ending the Tribune’s own cooperation deal with the prosecutor. . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

After reading the story, I must wonder why the Tribune went ahead and published it. Could it be that they 'blew the lid' on this story prematurely for politcal purposes?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is no way that BHO could be so far out of the loop, as to not have any idea about this mess.

If in fact this story is true, and I believe it so, why would the Tribune publish when they did, other than to protect their poster child? If I had such knowledge, and I leaked it before the investigation was complete, I do not think that I would be here to post right now.

Transparency? I think not, and I do not see this being taken care of properly by any agency. Justice may be blind, but we the people are not.

The rich spend money, and the rest spend time. That is the truth of the American Justice System as it is now. It is so fine for the media to sacrifice one idiot, to keep us happy, rather than sit and wait, and jeopardize any possible condemnation of their chosen one, not to mention 'Triple J'. Then again, JJJ just might be the fall guy here to protect those whom are much higher on the chain than he is.

Time will either prove me right, or it will not. If the latter be true, I have the guts to publicly apologize. I just wish others could do the same.

12/15/2008 8:25 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

So, Rahm Emmanual will be Obama's Ollie North?

I think it was better that the arrest happened when it did. It would be a bigger mess if Gov Rod had already assumed the seat himself.

12/16/2008 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home